Homes For Kids will assist preschool teachers and provide solutions to a disruptive class or behavioral problems with a specific child for FREE.
Homes For Kids provides early mental health consultation, for children ages 2-6, to
Pre-Schools and Day Care Centers for free and will observe either the entire classroom or an
Our skilled Therapists are trained in early childhood mental health and utilize the Devereux Early Childhood Assessment (DECA) to understand the behavior of a child and open the lines of communication between parents and teachers, discuss classroom strategies, address a
parents’ concerns, provide education to parents and/or staff, or provide additional referrals.
The DECA measures initiative, self-control, and attachment. Do the children you teach exhibit the following characteristics?
- Displays very little emotion
- Unable to comfort or calm self
- Limited interest in things or people
- Does not turn to familiar adults for comfort and help
- Has inconsistent sleep patterns
- Consistently prefers to not play with others or with toys
- Goes with strangers easily
- Destructive to self or others
- Hurts animals
- Limited use of words to express feelings
- Homes For Kids can observe your classroom or a specific child for two days and provide quality feedback and solutions to assist you in your daily activities.
Homes For Kids is not a licensing agency. We also offer Step Up To Quality training classes for FREE to preschools and daycare centers. For more information on how we can help you, please contact Katie Donofrio at 330-544-8005 ext. 523 or email her at Katie@hfk.org.